What are the are age requirements for the tours?

All riders on our motorcycle holidays will be required to be a minimum of 21 years old upon arrival of starting their holiday. There is no upper age limit, as long as all riders are suitable fit enough to ride the bikes off-road.

Do I need holiday/personal accident insurance that covers me for off-road motorcycle enduro riding in Spain?

Holiday Insurance

Although it’s not compulsory to have holiday insurance whilst out on our bikes, we highly recommended Holiday insurance!

Holiday insurance can offer financial recovery for medical expenses and provides protection against loss baggage, personal belongings, trip cancellation and interruption. The insurance can also cover medical evacuation, repatriation and legal expenses.

If you fall and hurt yourself badly, you would be better to have holiday insurance that covers you for motorcycle riding.

You can even buy specific Motorcycle Travel Insurance that will usually cover anyone who is planning on riding a motorcycle for more than a couple of days whilst you are abroad.

It is very important to make sure your policy includes repatriation back to your home country.

We recommend : https://sportstrip.co.uk/

European Health Insurance Card

The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) replaces the E111. All European Union Member Countries have reciprocal health cover through EHIC, it provides you the right to access state-provided healthcare.  You can apply for this on line or at your local post office, and it can cover yourself and your whole family. It’s completely free and valid for up to five years.

It is free of charge and covers medical charges similar to that of the NHS. If you’re in Spain and you’ve got valid EHIC cover, you’ll be entitled to the same treatment that local citizens are entitled to – extremely useful in emergencies. It does NOT mean that treatment is Free, it means that you get treated the same way as a citizen of that country. If they get free medical treatment then you do too – if they pay, you pay the same rates.

Further information can be found here:

EHIC: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx
Spanish Healthcare: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/countryguide/Pages/healthcareinSpain.aspx

Do I need a motorbike licence to join a guided off-road motorcycle tour in Spain ?

Yes! You do need a valid UK (or international) motorcycle licence to ride one of these tours. You can only ride an off-road motorcycle on private land without a valid motorcycle licence, so a licence is definitely needed in Spain.

You will be required to bring your licence with you and carry it at all times when you are out riding the motorbike.

Please advise us of the type of UK licence you have to ensure that your licence covers you for the correct size engine size.

If you would like to gain your motorcycle licence, we highly recommend Phoenix Motorcycle Training in the UK: https://www.phoenixmotorcycletraining.co.uk/motorcycle-training-courses/

They also offer Off-road motorcycle training too: https://www.phoenixmotorcycletraining.co.uk/phoenixtrails/